Portia has taken such a liking to cooking and baking. She was overjoyed when she received a new apron, chef's hat and accessories. As soon as she sees me working in the kitchen, she runs and gets her green plastic chair and places herself smack, dab, center. Oh yes, there have been a few spills and I've caught her with her finger in the bowls, taste-testing, more times than I care to count, but it's a joy. It allows us time to bond, and talk about her day. She's worked past the instant puddings and jellos. She's helped with cakes, biscotti, cookies and treats and now has officially moved on to helping with dinners. Of course I can't take anything for granted so I have to rhyme off the rules every time...don't go near the stove, knives are only for big people, yes you must wash your hands (especially after you've been digging for gold). I love it and will always cherish these moments.
Proverbs 13:12 - "Expectation postponed is making the heart sick, but the thing desired is a tree of life when it does come."
Monday, January 21, 2008
Move Over Ratatouille
Portia has taken such a liking to cooking and baking. She was overjoyed when she received a new apron, chef's hat and accessories. As soon as she sees me working in the kitchen, she runs and gets her green plastic chair and places herself smack, dab, center. Oh yes, there have been a few spills and I've caught her with her finger in the bowls, taste-testing, more times than I care to count, but it's a joy. It allows us time to bond, and talk about her day. She's worked past the instant puddings and jellos. She's helped with cakes, biscotti, cookies and treats and now has officially moved on to helping with dinners. Of course I can't take anything for granted so I have to rhyme off the rules every time...don't go near the stove, knives are only for big people, yes you must wash your hands (especially after you've been digging for gold). I love it and will always cherish these moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment