Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New York



We had a great time in New York Long Island with our friends. We attended a wedding where the food was out of this world! And did I mention the shopping? It was unbelievable. I came back with eight pairs of shoes! Eight!! We extended our holiday by one day just to go tubing at the beach. It was a true blast! Can't wait to go back. They are all hoping to come and visit us in February so we are excited and looking forward to that visit.

Adoption Update...Nothing new however we are now 5 months DTV, so that brings us one month closer to the estimated proposal date, therefore 7 months to go. Lately I'm having many moments where I feel that this adoption will never happen, that something will go wrong, or more than likely, we will just flat out not be accepted by Vietnam. As I've said before, only time will tell.

In the meantime, we are keeping busy. We are still trying to sell our home. It's been on the market for about 3 weeks and we haven't received one offer. It's a buyer's market, which doesn't help. We have one family that is really interested but they would have to sell their home first. If we don't hear anything by the end of this week, we are going to drop our price to the price that was suggested to us by a real estate agent.

Portia has started french immersion Senior Kindergarten. She's starting to pick up some basic french words. It's so cute how she says it with a french accent. I can't get over how time flies. She'll be 5 years old next month and has grown a whole inch over the summer, yet I still see her as my baby. She's really starting to venture out. She's riding her bike with training wheels, but I don't think that will be for long. She's starting to catch her balance. She's also getting the hang of a scooter. The way her leg kicks out is so adorable. What else? She started Preschool C swimming lessons on Monday. Portia seems to have lost some of her confidence in the water. I'm hoping the regular classes will help. Aside from that she's doing great. Of course, she's picked up a cough at school, so we had to pull out all the tricks of the trade (Vaporizer, puffers, Vicks Vaporub....). Oddly enough, she seems to really enjoy the "snot sucker." I must say, if it was an Olympic sport, she would probably win the gold medal!

No comments: