Sunday, December 7, 2008

Anniversary Party


We threw a wonderful 20th year surprise party for my brother/sister in-law and it went down perfectly. My husband was convinced his brother knew, so I kept trying to call his bluff, so I allowed him to go to the party with jogging pants and T-shirt (thinking he had a bag with a change of clothes). Well, he didn't. Too funny! We also set up a mini slide-show with pictures of them through the years. And the cake...it was beautiful. My other SIL, Franca, ordered it from this lady that is big on details. It was heart-shaped with silver beads all around and a picture from their wedding day crafted right into the cake. For $50 it was huge and excellent. We had food galore so tomorrow is pajama day with plans to veg, watch movies and munch on left overs. Yes, we will be using paperplates and cups since I have NO intention of washing dishes tomorrow. I've got another busy week planned. Monday I have tons of errands to run. Portia has an appt. with a professional photographer on Tuesday. We only ordered minimum school pictures. I don't know who their photographer is, but I don't think this is his calling. I had two choices, with one being Portia with her eyes semi- closed, so I had to choose the one with her looking like she had a pumpkin head with teeny, tiny shoulders. We bought it cause it's so funny looking. Anyways, we went out Friday and came across the most beautiful dress for her. She'll wear it for her pictures, plus she will get to wear it at 2 upcoming weddings, so it will be worth every dime. This week I took some time to review our status of innoculations. Portia's results came back and it appears that China innoculated her for Hep B, but not Hep A. Our doctor said he' wouldn't worry, as long as we stay away from the water. His daughter got Hep A one year in Dominican and fully recovered. I'm still teeter tottering. Anyways, I also have to get Portia's passport renewed. I took her for passport pictures and she came out looking like she just finished doing time in the slammer. Thank goodness she wasn't wearing any horizontal stripes!

No comments: