Monday, August 11, 2008

House for Sale and Garage Sale



We made a HUGE decision to sell our home. We've had some good times (and some hard times) while we lived here for the last 8 years however the most important things are coming with us....Alex, Portia, myself and memories. We will be moving into Alex's parents duplex and renovating and adding an addition. There are so many positives:
1. Smaller Home ... Less Housework
2. Less Outdoor Maintenance
3. Portia will be living next door to her friends Logan and Isabella
4. Family and Friends all around us
and the list goes on. I think we are ready for this change. We are just collecting the rest of the requirements for the city permit and then we must wait for approval to start construction.

We had a HUGE garage sale this past Saturday and we all did very well. We sold cheap and got rid of a lot of junk. The lawn was full when we started and in the end, we had a half van full of stuff left over that was donated to Value Village. I think we are going to make this a yearly event, right after a good spring cleanup.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I sold my wedding dress to a man. We asked if he bought it for his fiancee, but he said he doesn't even have a girlfriend. At that point, I just thought I don't even want to know. Of course, I had images of him prancing in front of a mirror with my dress on. On a cold, boring winter day, I allowed Portia to try on my dress and play with it for a while. She looked so cute.

No comments: