Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Museum, Adoption & Renovations Update




Portia and I got to spend some good quality mother/daughter time at the Nature Museum. We've been to the Science Museum and the Agriculture Museum quite a few times, so we decided to try another one for a change and she LOVED it.  There is even a section where she gets to dress up and pretend she's a veterinarian that needs to save birds.  She played in there forever.  As well we headed into the cafeteria to eat lunch and they have these incredible aquariums with a huge variety of fish.  She wasn't crazy about the dinosaur bones.  She felt too frightened so we left that section.  We've been reading "Franklin Visits The Museum" so I'm confident her fears will soon subside.  I think next time we are going to try the Museum of Civilization.  We've been before but she was way to young to enjoy it and apparently they now have an incredible Children's section. 

Okay, so as it stands we will have to wait until early February to find out if we will be proposed either one of these 2 children. If not, we will be next but they can't give us a timeframe. These 2 children still need a medical so they must wait for the orphanage to bring them to the doctor. We were told that we have to be prepared for any time...so this could be it...or not. We were told that families usually travel 2 to 3 months after proposal. So now I have to figure out a way to stay occupied until early February. This week we are hoping to:

1) Get the updated homestudy into our agency's hands. This will still need to be reviewed and approved by the Ministry
2) Send the sponsorship papers that we had originally done since we are still waiting for our citizenship papers part 1 to be completed. Apparently it will be another 8 weeks.
3) Get updated medical.
4) Our RCMP check has not come in yet. They say it takes 7 - 10 days but I recall that it took something like 6 weeks once.

Portia got to enjoy some good old toboganning with her friend Logan (see photo).  He happens to live next door and has this awesome driveway that is slightly slanted so you can imagine the loads of fun they have on it year round.  
 
The basement has been demolished and is practically bare bones. Now we wait for the contractor to get started. Have I mentioned how tired I am of waiting for everything.

No comments: