Friday, May 15, 2009

3 Months And Counting

Today will mark the 3rd month since we've seen our son's lovely face. I was hoping there would be some sort of an update today, but unfortunately there is absolutely nothing to report. Apparently our agency is still hoping that Vietnam will courier some of the documents vs. mailing. In the meantime, they wait to hear back from their contact located in the north. Our child's documentations have not come in yet, however in some cases they come in the same week the family will depart for Vietnam, so we were told not to worry. Our agency is not aware whether our documents are past the 2nd letter stage or if the investigation has been completed. It was suggested that we make an appt. with an adoption specialist here in Canada since it may take a while to actually get the appt. The best estimate that they can give us today is that hopefully we should be traveling by beginning to mid June. That's still another month away so I can't help but feel discouraged. I will call back on Wednesday, since it's a long weekend, to see if there are any updates. I was told that should anything come in before then, they will contact us.

On a positive note, our agency has started sending out quarterly updates. It makes waiting parents feel a little more involved and of course, it's always more encouraging when you hear things are moving along. Our agency is trying hard to get agreements signed and approved with new orphanages and it appears that this last trip was a definite move in the right direction. As well, our agency is now accepting new applications so I'm sure this is another positive since for so long both agencies here in Ontario, that have a Vietnam Adoption Program, were not accepting any new applicants.

No comments: