We received an e-mail from our agency today stating that they never get interim reports from the city that we are travelling to, as they do with other provinces. They only know the paperwork is done when it is done. The child dossier is sent from the Dept. of Justice from that city and then the travel is booked 3 weeks later. The dossier could arrive tomorrow or in 2-3 weeks, but they have no way of knowing. Their best guess is that we can travel in 4-6 weeks, from now.
I am so very, very upset. That would mean we would possibly depart between June 23rd and July 7th. I can't believe that we may have to wait 5 months from proposal before we see our son. I can't help but feel that they are going to keep extending it. Maybe we are going to end up like that family that had to wait a whole year! Too many negative thoughts going through my head right now and knowing that our son is still in need of medical attention, not to mention, iron deficient, I just want to cry. Will this adoption ever take place?

1 comment:
i'm sorry - that really sucks. i hope you can leave sooner than they anticipate.
waiting is torture!
Post a Comment