Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sleeping Baby, Life and Renovations





Here is an updated photo of our little Reuben. It would have been nice to see him awake but unfortunately he was sleeping at the time our agency director was visiting. He looks bigger and older now. I feel like we are missing out on such precious time, but I won't go on a tangent since I'm feeling so frustrated. We noticed that in the photo he was propped up on one of those special pillows which probably means he is still experiencing respiratory issues. At this point in time we still don't have results to the liver testing that was done last week, nor have we received any updated info from the agency's contact including any child documents. They are hoping by Friday that we will have more updates from a main contact, but I won't be holding my breath since I've been asking the same questions now for almost 2 months with still no answers. Unfortunately, as timing would have it, the DIA (Dept. of Int'l Adoption) in Vietnam has decided that courier or priority post will no longer be used to ship any corresponding documents. That means that the only option is regular mail. Simply put, this will likely mean that our travel date will get pushed back another 2-3 weeks minimum. As it stands now, there are no families that will be travelling before the end of this month. For now this picture will have to keep us going for a while. I won't even begin to guess when we may travel however our agency has had families wait five whole months and one mother even had to wait a full year, so anything is possible.



On a positive note, the renovations are moving along at a nice pace and maybe, just maybe, we'll be done by June 1st. All the drywall is up so we just need taping and flooring to be completed before we start any of the final details. We bought a new mattress for my FIL since he will be moving to a double bed and for whatever reason, it is short. He says he doesn't have any more back pain but his feet now hang off the bed. Who knew that IKEA made beds for people up to 5' 2". What's up with that?? (Reminds me of that song...Rain drops keeping falling on my head, just like the man who's feet are too big for his bed.) So what's left...we need to buy my FIL's bathroom vanity and all the flooring, backsplash and granite countertop.



On Saturday, we had an abolutely delicious, quiet dinner with our friends Bill & Sarah. It was good to catch up and laugh about life since we always seem to be at the same stage (along with Frank & Emi). There always seems to be some sort of relief when someone out there understands our crazy life. Sarah made this incredible cake (and I'm not a cake person, unless of course it's cheesecake) that made me want to gobble up the whole thing. Did I mention there was Malibu in it? One of my favorite liquers. On Sunday we had dinner with our friends Rob, Rose & Sonja. They made enough food to feed an army but it was DELICIOUS. Rose made this appetizer called Spanakopita. Out of this world!! And I'm wondering why I'm having problems losing weight. My friends are all too good of cooks.

No comments: