I was looking through a family blog, and lo and behold, who should I see in some of their photos? Our little Reuben Tuan Vu (actually we haven't officially settled on his full name yet). This family adopted their daughter from another orphanage however she was at Vu's orphanage for a couple of weeks and came to visit one of the nannies that took care of her during that time. This family was kind enough to provide us with 6 photos of our little man. These photos were taken Sept. 25th, 2008 so he was 2 days shy of 7 months old. In the first photo, the little girl let Vu hold her finger and then she reached in the crib to touch his cheek. It breaks my heart thinking of him lying there alone, craving for touch, love, attention. I realize that the nannies are doing their best however it is a very large orphanage so I can only imagine the situation or lack of. I continue to pray that we will soon be holding our son.

1 comment:
Hi Alex and Letizia. I just wanted to make a slight correction. We actually adopted Sarah from Tam Binh 2. We visited Go Vap because Sarah was there for a couple weeks before she was moved to TB2, where she lived until we adopted her. When we visited Go Vap, we got to meet one of the nannies who cared for her during those two weeks. I hope you get to travel soon and I can't wait to see little Reuben with his family. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
Post a Comment