Saturday, April 4, 2009

Family & Friends Vacation













We just got back from a fun family/friends vacation. We (all 17 of us) stayed at the Royal Solaris. We started our trip with Jon & Tina bringing an expired passport for Tianna so she entered Mexico as an illegal immigrant. Their family back home shipped it over so she was able to return home with us. Portia enjoyed playing along with Arianna, Tianna, Julian & Cuca (aka Lucas) at the awesome Kids Club.  Alex's dad burned to a crisp on day 1, but only after ignoring multiple warnings about putting on sun screen. He spent the rest of the time wearing a 60 sunblock and...GETTING MORE SUN!  Needless to say, he earned his nickname Job. Whatelse? I walked into the frame of a cabana. The only thing missing was a big, red flashing sign saying caution. I got a nice, little bump on my noggin and occasionally forget who I am.  Portia wore the same dress (a gift from my MIL) for 3 dinners straight.  She finally spilled something on it.  Aside from that, we got into a nice routine of Desserts, lunch and then more desserts (some of us even had lunch twice everyday.), and very bubbly 5pm Hot Tubs and Spanish Coffees.  On the last day, Portia surprised us by learning how to swim underwater with her eyes open. We were so proud of her.

Famous sayings on the trip:

Lucas - "Zia Tizia, you should have seen my privates. They were full of sand."

Franca - "I like the Kids Club. Infact, I'm going to suggest to the hotel to have a Seniors Club."

Alex's Mom - "What's wrong with my thumb?"

Alex's Dad - "I'm not hungry."

Portia - "Please mommy, get me out!"

Jon - "What are you worried about, drinking and driving?"

Until next year....

No comments: