Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Good News

We had a friend of the family come and look at the work that needs to be done and he's agreed to take on the renovations. We are so happy and the best part is he can start early next week. He made some really good suggestions so the layout will accommodate more personal preferences. Wow, I can't believe we finally are moving forward. I can't wait to get our things out of storage. One more step in the right direction.

We were disappointed to hear that Alex's brother will no longer be able to join us for holidays. The good news is that Alex's sister is likely to take his place. Yes, this is the same person that is crazy enough to want to travel to Vietnam with us. We better be on our best behavior in Cancun or she just might change her mind about Vietnam. Wow, I can't believe there will be 17 of us going south. Actually there were more that were going to join us but our hotel sold out.

Portia had a great playdate with Kloe today. If they weren't in the tent, they were playing hospital. We even had to make little face masks for the surgeries that needed to be performed. Portia even "x-rayed" my leg, yeah the same old spot that I smacked into the side of the couch the other day while I was running like a madwoman to the bathroom, while Portia was in my arms spilling all her cookies. Yes, she got The Flu, and even ended up with Roseola, poor thing. Anyways, Portia and Kloe had a great time dancing to Abba songs this afternoon. Mamma Mia was a big hit. They even had the pretend microphones going, well at least until Portia decided to spin, fall and smack her head. I love the fact that Portia loves Abba. Anyone who knows me knows what a big fan I am. Disco, now what would I do without it? I just hope that the new, little man likes it. If not, we'll have to get him and Alex matching earplugs, especially since Portia and I love to sing. We're both tone-deaf but that doesn't stop us.

No comments: