Well, wonders never cease. We found a contractor and he hasn't quit yet nor has he attempted to jump off a bridge or throw "someone" else off that bridge. That's a huge feat in itself. Just that alone is a cause for celebration, but wait, it gets better. He's also a fast worker and reasonably priced. In half a week and considering "someone" made him waste alot of time, not to mention money, the apartment is already half framed and the concrete has been cut and prepared for the plumbing work. We're pretty excited and think we actually have a shot at getting moved in and settled before we leave for Vietnam.
As for the adoption, we don't have any updates however we got all our paperwork completed and all that's left to do is the visa forms. I still feel like it's so unbelieveable, like it's just a dream. Everytime I look at that little face, I fall more and more in love. It will be 2 weeks on Sunday that we first saw that beautiful, innocent, baby face. I can't help thinking about him in everything we do. It's times like this that I just want to stay busy in hopes that it will make the time go a little faster. I want to be there right now. Normally I'd be so excited about Mexico but for now I eat, sleep and breath Vietnam. I ordered a Frommer's travel guide for Vietnam and hope to have it way before we leave for Mexico.
Portia had her two little friends Kloe and Connor for pizza. Infact they got to make their own pizza thanks to the patience of Alex's mom. They played so hard all afternoon and there was a disaster to show for it, but it kept them busy and overall quiet. Marianne then came over with her chunky little monkey, Hayden. I still can't believe he is 8 months old and 23 pounds, not to mention he came into life 5 weeks too early. It's funny with premmies, they usually calculate their progress according to the date that they should have been born, but with Hayden, the doctor said they can't do that since he's in the 95 percentile for weight! Can you imagine, he'd be considered obese!! This kid has rolls on his rolls. You just want to gobble him up. Hopefully we'll soon have little Vu in our lives to gobble. BTW, we picked a name. We had a few we threw around but Reuben seemed to be the best fit. It means "Behold, a son!" It's appropriate since we never expected a little man to join our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment