We were proposed a sweet, little baby boy!! We still can't believe it. We've been trying to adopt a second child for over 3 years now and finally, the wait has paid off.
I woke up early Sunday morning (yes, that's right, Sunday) and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to check my e-mail account. There was nothing special, just the usual, which I sat through and read. I started feeling tired and since everyone was still sleeping, I closed up the notebook and fell into a deep sleep. At around 9:20 a.m., Alex comes to the room and calls my name. I groggily opened up my eyes, still feeling the heaviness of sleep. Alex says to me "Come here. I need to show you something." I then asked if it could wait since I was still tired, but he insisted. I then got worried but he reassured me that it was good. Automatically I thought finally we got some head way on the renovations. He walks me over to his computer and tells me to read it. There was an e-mail from our agency that said : "Dear Alex and Letizia, I have a possible child proposal for you. Can you contact me at home today or at the office tomorrow. " I couldn't believe my eyes! I called immediately but was asked to call back in 10 minutes. I called back EXACTLY 10 minutes after and found out that a little boy was being offered to us. He's 11 months old and really little. He very likely was born prematurely. He's a smiler and loves to babble. The report states that he is a very alert, happy, responsive and talkative baby. We met with our pediatrician today who gave us the go ahead. And now we wait to hear back from our social worker. It will be approximately 2 - 3 months before we travel. I will post some pictures soon but it may take me some time to before I wake up from this dream!

No comments:
Post a Comment