Monday, June 29, 2009

Garage Sale & Dinner





I decided to have a garage sale. I was open for business at 7am. At 7:05am this lady came and bought ALL my baby girl clothing. As much as it wasn't a great idea to hold a garage sale on a Sunday morning, I can't complain....$200.00 spending money for Vietnam. Planning to hit all the markets in Vietnam so that should buy me about 200 outfits for Ms. Portia and Mr. Reuben.

Oh, the laughs. We were very fortunate to spend every night this weekend with some close friends and just laugh at life and in-laws. The topic of conversation none-the-less was Geriatrics porn. Now, now let me explain and let me also say I can't believe how many people can relate to this. Alex's parents, along with many others have hit that "Don't care" stage and love their comfort clothes. For some it means seeing their father/FIL walk around with Tighty Whities, Mesh Undershirt, a water glass full of wine in one hand and a chicken drumstick in the other. For others it means to have a MIL who likes to sit with one hand slipped into her top and under one breast and her other hand slipped into the waist of her pants. Well, what does this term mean for us? We won't mention any names here, but one loves to walk around in bra and long underwear. And the other has become city-wide infamous for his wife-beaters. He wears one everyday. Big deal you say, so do many others...yeah, well do they have just one nipple that ALWAYS hangs out? I can understand two, there's somewhat of a balance there, but one that constantly hangs out, occasionally playing peek-a-boo is just not right. Not even years of therapy can provide some mental relief! PLEASE someone tell me that this is not an inevitable stage in life that just can't be avoided?!

2 comments:

mandy said...

Four words for you Tizia `Like father, like son.` Your wonderful future awaits, LOL!

We are Alex & Letizia said...

They do say that the apple never falls far from the tree. I just hope that when it fell it was a very, very windy day.