Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Montreal - Wedding & Shopping









We left Friday afternoon for Montreal and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for a steal. After everyone got use of the pool and fitness centre, we headed to the Rockland Centre. Although I really wasn't in the mood to shop, I found myself the sweetest necklace and earrings. On Saturday we attended Tony & Antonella's wedding. The bride looked gorgeous and Portia became starstruck with her. Have I ever mentioned Portia's obsession with weddings? Right after the ceremony Portia went MIA and where did we end up finding her? In one of the limos, yeah, with the wedding party. I don't think she understood she wasn't part of the wedding party because when it came for the bride and groom's dance, it's usually tradition that the wedding party makes a circle around the new couple. Who do we see from a distance in the circle? Yup, Little Miss Portia. It's a good thing she's so cute. We got so many compliments from people about her all night. The food was great. Maybe a little too good since my FIL and the Italian that he is kept trying to slip food into my purse "for tomorrow." It finally got so out of hand, I had to tell him that my purse was not a luggage, and this was a wedding, not Loblaws! The music was excellent and did we ever dance...right up until 2am. The funny thing is we always seem to end up on the dance floor with the same old, crazy people at every wedding...the same people we usually camp with once a year. They're a good, fun bunch. On Sunday, we headed to the Carrefour Shopping Centre in Laval. This is the 2nd biggest shopping center in Quebec and if I wasn't so tired, I would have done some real damage. After that we headed home and were pleased to find that most of the kitchen had been installed. It looks fantastic! Alas, another weekend gone by that helped keep my mind off "things".

No comments: