We are leaving (tentatively) on Friday July 10th.
We finally told Portia and she got so emotional. At first I wasn't sure what she was feeling but she kept saying that how happy she was between sobs. I asked her if she was feeling something else other than happy and then she said "No, I'm just so happy." Then she kissed and thanked me. Of course, I started crying too so there we were, I was wiping her tears and she was wiping mine. It took a good 10 minutes to calm her down. I couldn't have imagined how much this would effect her. After in bed she kept saying "I can't believe I'm not dreaming." I wonder how happy she will be when she has to share her toys! LOL! She asked me if it was okay if she held Reuben and if she could ask the nannies some questions about him. I couldn't believe the words she used tonight. I felt like she was growing up right in front of our very eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment