Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday

We started off our day by visiting my grandmother. She's as adorable and funny as ever. I asked her today "Do you love me?" She then looked at me and gave me an annoyed look. (You have to understand that she knows that I know that she loves me, so I ask her just to get on her nerves.) So I asked her again and she said, "Ma, Come on." So then I asked her a third time, which she yelled at me "Yes, now don't ask me again!" She's such a hoot! Unfortunately, her eye sight is failing her. We had Tess and Simon with us. She's met Simon before but she kept saying "Who's this Simon?" over and over again. So Simon would get up and say "Hey Rosa." right in front of her so she could see him. Then we told her about Reuben. She was so happy and just kept saying Reuben over and over again. So when we said our goodbyes, I told her, that the next time she would see me, I would have her new grandson, inwhich she replied "Yeah, my grandson Simon." As much as we had a chuckle, it saddens me that as time passes by, her memory is slowly fading with it and the day is fast approaching when she won't know who I am. In the meantime, I'm grateful for every extra moment in time that we share.

This afternoon we headed over to The Khatib's for fun in the sun and a tasty BBQ. We laughed all afternoon and did what we do best...make fun of everyone, including ourselves. Along with Kloe, were a bunch of other children Portia didn't know so of course she played shy for a good hour. After that she joined in the massive water fight that seemed to last right into the evening. We had to finally put an end to her fun when her lips turned blue.

Alex keeps asking me what I'm planning to carry/wear in Vietnam. At first I kept wondering why is he always asking, but you know, it just occurred to me that he thinks we're on the Amazing Race. No kidding, he wants us to have the same backpacks, outfits, shoes and bandanas (for all I know). That's fine, I'll go along with his little game, but I'll be drawing the limit if he comes out wearing the same one piece bathing suit as me at the pool. BTW, 13 days left.

No comments: