We arrived a short while ago and will have to wait about 4 hours to catch our connecting flight. Portia fell asleep a couple of hours ago so she's down for the night. I wish the same could be said for Roo. We gave him some Tylenol at the Vietnam airport since he seemed so out of sorts. At first he fell asleep but after about two hours, he got his second wind and is very hyper. Note to self: Do not give Reuben Tylenol on flight from Hong Kong to Toronto.
We had a nice breakfast today with Rennie & Lia. Rennie finally got some good news that she should be heading home in the next two weeks. She's been in Vietnam waiting for finalization of their paperwork for about 2 months now. As we said our goodbyes, we noticed that Christine, Sebastien, along with Dorinda (agency director), Thuy (Northern Adoption rep) and Loan (Southern Agency rep) all were arriving back at the hotel. We were happy to see Christine holding her bundle of joy. Xavier is finally going home where his older brother will be awaiting his arrival. We took a group picture to mark the occasion and what that day represented for all of us.
As we headed towards the airport, I tried to memorize all the little details I wanted to share with Reuben. I'm also so glad that we brought Portia along. I believe she has a better understanding of how her story came to be and will be able to share some good stories with Reuben as he gets older. She loved Vietnam and didn't want to leave. We all didn't want to leave but knowing all the love, friends & family that await us pulls our hearts back home. And not to sound sappy but as they say "There is no place like home." Afterall, "Home is where our story begins".
This is Katie Couric signing off for now in Hong Kong. Now back to you...

1 comment:
Hey Guys!
It was so nice meeting you and your family!
I hope that you had a safe trip home and are settling in!
Talk soon,
Christine
Post a Comment