Thursday, July 2, 2009

Play Dates & Renovations

Portia got to spend Monday at her friend Alina's house, playing, baking cookies and getting a manicure & pedicure. I'm really hoping we can treat Portia to some spa treatments in Vietnam, since she's been wanting me to take her again since her first time in New York. Tuesday evening we met up with Celia and Iliana at McDonald's. The girls played in the Play Center and Celia and I got to chat. As much as McDonald's doesn't exactly serve heart-healthy foods, I sure do love their FREE play center.

We spent all day just working on the renos and even managed to move some furniture and clothing downstairs. We worked hard on getting some of the cupboards organized. It was a bit of a reality check and made me realize just how much more work there really is left to do, however I do feel confident that we can finish everything before we leave. Everything that is except the main bathroom. My only fear is that everything will come to a standstill while we are gone. In the meantime, including today, we only have 8 days left so we are literally running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

No comments: