Mom & Pat - Yes, we need to replace that Commodore Vic-20 when we get home. Welcome to the 1980's. Just kidding. Portia is sleeping right now but we promise to pass on your message as soon as she wakes up. There has been a significant improvement since Reuben has joined the family. He's very attached to his daddy but you would melt at how he is with Portia. He literally throws himself at her and is so content just sitting in her arms. Only Portia can make him laugh so hard. She just walks up to him and he melts. He's so in love with his sister. I know...let's see if he's laughing when she's got him tied up in a Ninja hold. Yes his hair. We definitely have to do something about it. It spikes up on it's own and we've even been putting Olive oil on it to soothe the skin. Franca said that he reminds her of David Carradine from the movie "Kung Fu". We had to change our return date which is now currently supposed to be the 31st of July (that would be August 1st to you guys). Please give nonna ponna a big hug and kiss from us.
Pam S - You're a riot! Actually I'm going to have to go over some of these instructions on how to handle a baby with Alex & Franca, especially the one showing how to clean a child's nose. By the time this child get's home, his nostrils are going to be permanently flared. And I must agree, we shouldn't have hired a masseuse to give Reuben that Shiatsu massage. When he was flying around the room, I must admit, he didn't look to happy. LOL! No Franca hasn't gotten us into a trouble yet. The key word being yet. You're crazy. It's a priviledge to know you, someone with such a great sense of humour.
McDonald's - Thanks for following along on our blog. It is a beautiful country here, but it's sooo different from home. Let's face it, "there's no place like home". When I have my moments, I put on a pair of red shoes, tap the back of my heels 3 times and keep repeating "that". Please say hi to Moses and Aaron for us. Too funny!! Sounds like we are missing a good visit. Congratulations on Emmanuel and Medijan! We know how hard it is to get to that point, which makes us appreciate your family even more.
Tessy - Thank you! Yes the massage was a funny experience and we have alot more to go with that. Oh my goodness! Every now and then Franca have these laughing fits just from looking around and seeing what is definitely not the norm in good, old Canada. I will be sure to give Portia your message.
Michelle - Thank you! He's so teeeny, weeny, when Alex holds him, it looks funny. He tends to get lost in the fold of Alex's arm. He's not much of an eater but I think we keep treating him as if he were Italian. Portia is liking it here, but you can tell she enjoys the comforts of home, including jumping through sprinkers with Bella. As for me, I'm missing the washer and dryer. It takes about 6 hours here to do a small load and I'm not exaggerating. We set it early in the morning and sometimes, if we are fortunate, it might be ready by dinner time. Calgon take me away! Hope your house plans are coming along.
Joy & Erwin - No Alex hasn't had a Ninja (I mean Shiatsu) massage yet. Reuben is starting to get comfortable with us and his personality is starting to blossom. He didn't really move around alot in the first day or so but now he can't sit still. The room at the orphanage didn't have any space for the children to move around, so I'm sure he's loving his new found freedom.
Lara & Schascia - Reuben e propio una schemia. "Scemmia, scemmia coccia pelato, mi fatto la pizza ma non mi lai dato." E cosi piccolo, questo qui. Dobbiamo a forza, portare lui in Italia per mangiare i bombom.
Al & Brenda - Sounds like we missed a good one! I'm glad to hear that Al was able to record it. Thanks for your suggestions re: laundry. We just might have to do that. Dirty laundry, you gotta love it. Say hi to everyone for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment