Krista - Reuben is really growing on us. Yup, I think he's a keeper. We are really enjoying getting to know him and his personality. He's very determined and when he doesn't want something, his no means NO! With my mind in a million places before we left, I forgot to grab the Robeez you gave me. They don't have anything like that here and he's just slipping and sliding everywhere. We've tried buying him shoes, but so far no one has his size. I guess it's not custom to put shoes on a small child. The locals are very accepting of adoption, infact many stop and stare and a few have even come up and ask "Vietnam?" Many say that he's lucky, but we feel like the lucky ones. Can't wait to get our little families together back home.
Sophie - You're crazy! I picked music for our blog that I felt would go with the theme. Somehow your suggestions of "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N Roses doesn't really work. Love the song though! Sophie, do not, I repeat DO NOT show up here with your 80 pound dog and 30 pound cat. Do you not know that's a main staple here?! They would go for a pretty penny to feed a Vietnamese wedding party. Reuben only has a comb over when when bathe him and put olive oil on his head to mosturize. And even if it were here to stay, at least he wouldn't be the only one in the family. For the protection of myself and my family, I will not mention any names. I know you're a Michael Jackson fan but that's not why we had the white glove on Reuben. It was to keep him from scratching himself, not to say that he won't become a fan himself. The other day by the pool, he was liking the music and was moving and bopping along to the beat. Yeah, he's starting to show us some of his tricks. The other day we brought him on the street and he was break dancing for the locals. We even managed to collect enough to pay for lunch. We figure if we work him about an hour a day, he can pay for his flight to Canada. LOL! If I don't speak to you, have a good trip!
Audrey & Frank - Hope you guys are doing well. Yes, now that we are finally here, Alex is more relaxed and really enjoying himself. Of course, it helps when your new son thinks that you are the sun, moon and stars. Yeah, he loves his daddy. Well, that makes me feel better. I must admit, Reuben looks alot bigger in photos. There really wasn't much to him when we got him but he's starting to take a real liking to food. You are so right, and you couldn't have said it better...yes, there was an empty space in our hearts, but that's the thing with life, there are some things you can't control. We have to make the best out of all of our situations, no matter how hard it gets or how much we fight it. Been there. I will let Portia know that Frank is checking on her. Too funny! She's sleeping right now, along with the rest of the clan.
Jeremy - Hope the wedding plans are going well. We land on the 1st of August (originally we were supposed to be back on the 29th) so we just might be able to make it since we'll just be waking up, Vietnam time, at the time of your reception. I will pass along your message to Alex. He's sleeping right now.
Steph - Reuben somewhat reminds me of you when you were a baby. Not only because he's small, but he's a thumb sucker (big time) and feeding him is like trying to feed a baby octupus on caffeine. When he stands up next to the coffee table, you can really get a feel for his height (or lack there of). Remind you of anyone? He's definitely a mover and a shaker. Yesterday he knocked a bowl of baby food right out of my hands. And he's a pincher like Portia was...ouch! He's a lively one! And when he smiles...he's got these beautiful, coffee stained British teeth that resemble Austin Powers. I don't know if it was from lack of nutrition since they seem to be getting better everyday.
Christina - I can't believe it's just about that time for you guys to move! And you managed to pack your whole place up and juggle two kids...that's good, that's really good. Can't wait to get back and see the build. For some reason, I didn't think it was going to happen so quickly. That's great. Please say hi to Alana and also the Bopsy Twins for me. Promise me you won't forget any of the stories. By the time we get back, we'll be needing a few good laughs!
Lara - Veramente, questo qui e carrino. Mi fa ridere tanto. Ogni giorno si vede che si sente meglio. Dorme bene, a cominciato di mangiare di piu. Prova tutto ma quando non piace qualcosa, c'a una testa dura....com'e il papa.

No comments:
Post a Comment