Dad - We are missing you lots! I'm glad we were able to have a family dinner all together before we left. The little guy is very active, actually more active than Portia, if you can imagine that. I think now that he has freedom to roam, he's making up for lost time. I can't imagine how we are going to make it home with him. We'll have to tie him to the roof of the plane. This kid has no fear. We took him swimming for the first time yesterday and he's a natural. Maybe him and Sophie can take swimming lessons together. Just kidding. Talk to you soon
Man, Carm & Alyssia - Thank you for the beautifully written message. We miss you guys and can't wait to get home and share some of our funny stories. Carm, get the coffee on...preferably Spanish coffee. The coffee here leaves alot to be desired. We have gone to a few Starbucks like coffee shops for a good cup every now and then, but it's about the same price as home. We don't have a coffee machine in our room, but we have a carafe that holds about 30 cups, go figure. Alyssia, how are you enjoying your new found freedom now that you have your license? Oh, those were the days. Man, how are you holding up the fort? Ready to abandon ship yet? I'm sure you will have just as many stories for us as we will have for you. Talk to you soon.
Cathy - Thanks for thinking of us. Hope you guys are doing well. Sorry we were unable to connect before we left, but we'll definitely have to get together when we get home. Say hi to Denis for us.
Brenda - What a beautiful scripture! Thanks for sharing.
Nathan, Karina, Kloe & Rhino - Everything so far is going well. Portia is loving the fact that Reuben really has taken a liking to her. He's alot more active then he had us believing. I know walkers are illegal in Canada so perhaps we can borrow Rhino's hamster ball. Can't wait to see you guys too!
Lara & Scha - Perche voi non venite qui? Sarebbe bello davero! In certe parte della citta, sembra Milano. C'e piu di 8 millione persone qui e c'e piu di 5 millioni biciclette con motore. Il rumore durante il giorno non finisce mai. Si il cibo e molto buono, ma c'e un desiderio di mangiare un bel piatto di pasta con sugo. Il piccolo non mangia tanto adesso ma spero con tempo si ingrassa un po. Abbiamo notato un grande differenza gia in solo 4 giorni. Lui a cominciato a provare tante diversi cose...frutta, rizo, pasta, uove...Adesso deve cominciare a provare un espresso con biscotti e nutella. Sempre sentiamo la vostra mancanza.
Aunt Elaine - Please say hi to Jihan and Rich for us. So they stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge. We were checking out that place for a future getaway. Glad to know that they loved it. I didn't realize Krista & Dave were leaving for a holiday. Mont Tremblant...such a beautiful village. You are funny...the wholesaler's. You're a real trooper for taking Brian to see the WWE. If you get desperate and really don't want to go, I'm sure Sophie would. She LOVES wrestling. Portia "Thank you Aunt Elaine. I'm not really a teacher. I hope you are having a good time with your family and a good day today." Too cute!
Renee & Mark - G'day mate! Thank you! So how are things down under? We miss you guys tremendously and yes one day, we will surprise you and show up in Australia. You just better make sure we get to see a kangaroo. The pictures on our blog should automatically pop up. I'm not sure why you can't see them. You'll have to let us know how things are at Bethel. So excited for you guys!
Christina S - Yes, we are finally catching up on some sleep. We slept in until about 6 am this morning vs. the usual 3 or 4am. Yes, we are planning to do something with our little Van Halen and his hair. So far we are really enjoying this family of four thing and Portia (although she has her moments) seems more complete. I'm so glad that we decided to move forward. I miss you Chris, and tell the girls I'll be ready for a girls night out by the time we get back.
Willy & Sarah - Tell Sydney that we say hello. She'll have to have a chat with Portia and teach her the good ways of how to handle having a brother. Yes, Franca has been a great support! I started calling her Francarella since we are constantly asking her to do something. Poor thing she's exhausted. She's still sleeping right now and usually she wakes up at 3 am.
Molly - Yes we have crossed the street but I tell you it's been scary beyond belief. I wouldn't even know how to explain it to someone back home. We are grateful since Reuben is bonding really well. He especially loves his daddy and sister. He acts like he's known us since the beginning of time.

No comments:
Post a Comment