Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Message from the Dipietro's - July 21st

Miranda - We'll have to catch up when we get home. Get the bottles of wine ready. If Franca's face appears to be red, it's only because she constantly goes into these fits of laughter, most of the time by herself. Apparently she does that when she's tired. We are starting to get used to it, although we wonder what the locals think.

Tina - Jamaica or Bahamas both sound good. We're in! Just make sure it's got a good kids club. Honestly if Vietnam wasn't too far to fly, I would totally recommend coming here. It's so child friendly. Everywhere you turn there's things for kids to do. Portia says to Tianna "I am so excited for you to meet my baby brother. Lucas and Reuben can become good friends. Your friend Portia." Love you guys too!

Marianne - Reuben does look like Alex, doesn't he. I don't know, you'll have to ask my MIL herself is she went to Vietnam some 30 years ago. Sure would explain why Alex doesn't look like my FIL. Having 2 children is easy! Yeah, right. And that's now with 3 adults always around. We really miss you guys too! Franca is starting to realize how neurotic I really am. She says "why have a maid, if you are just going to clean before they get here." Yes, yes listen to Connor! Save some cookies for us! Portia says hi to Connor and that she thinks that Reuben looks just like Hayden. (Apparently someone needs eye glasses). We've eaten so much pho and bun that I'm starting to look like a bun. I'm getting desperate for some good old BBQ (protein). How do these people stay so skinny? If Hayden came here, they would either eat him or think he was a little buddha.

Aunt Elaine - Actually no we forgot to get a picture of Portia in the "wedding" dress. She fell asleep so we'll have to take pics next time. We've been able to get such good deals on children's clothing so we are trying to stock up for next couple of years for Portia. As for the little man, I think he's set for a while thanks to Krista (and one of my friends) and all the hand-me-downs. Say hi to Uncle Radi and Brian for us.

Christina - Thank you! Yup officially a crazy family of four finally! It's funny, we are enjoying ourselves tremendously but also can't wait to get home. We just wish we could fly everyone over here. It's such a wonderful country! Yes, Portia and the "wedding" dress. Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a 5 year old Vietnamese boy dressed up in a tuxedo with a ring box in one hand and flowers in the other. Things that make you go Hmmm.

Lara & Scha - Salute tutti per noi....adesso una famiglia di quatro!

Brenda - We're about 1/2 way through our trip but must admit the time is flying. It always flies when you are having a good time! Can't wait to share our stories!

Emi - Yes, I think the kids are cute together too. Let's see how cute they are when they start fighting over toys. Vietnam is very easy to get around. The people here are so friendly which makes travelling around that much easier. The weather is humid and hot (but not from the sun)but there is lots of rain. Yesterday we had some flooding on the streets. Hopefully the rain will die down a bit. Everyone says hi back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulazioni. Ora fa parte ufficialmente della nostra famiglia. E' diventato un buona forchetta. Dalla 1° foto è cambiato e cresciuto, è diventato più bello e sereno. Il suo sorriso è coinvolgente. Portia è deliziosamente bella, e la gioia de nei vostri occhi.
Issraa mi ha detto "mamma quando conoscerò il mio cuginetto, ho voglio di giocare con Portia e Ruben".
Sono felice per voi
Un bacio da noi tutti.
Marielena, Nabil, Issraa, Abdel

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! What a beautiful family you all make. Love the picture updates. Favorites, Reuben & Portia in the crib & the little guy in the red tub! Can't wait to see you all & meet the new addition :)

ps: Jamaica is heaven... ya mon! Will send an email soon with pics & stories!

Vero

Viv said...

Girl! You're spoiling us with these updates and I think I'm becoming OCD about checking your blog at least 3 times a day for updates and pictures.

I think we've had this conversation before but you really need to write a book. Not only does your life have enough material to fill the book, but you are such a good writer. And the pictures! I feel like we're there with you! Oh, 1 thing about the pictures though - Michael asks if you could hold back the pictures with Alex's hairy chest. It's grossing him out. LOL!

Am curious how the little man is adapting to you guys speaking English to him. Do you think he's starting to understand?

You know me - a sucker for a good shopping experience. I checked out that website with the quilts. Wow! Am curious - let us know what Franca decides to do.

Say Hi to the rest of the clan for us. OH, and Michael says give Alex A.K.A. "Burger boy" a big man-hug for him.